It takes EU to 9. July for US trading negotiations, the boss says


The EU chief said it was ready to move “fast” to arrange a trade agreement with the United States, but says the block should be up to 9. July to agree “good job”.

The President of the European Commission Ursula von Der Leien said that on Sunday “a good call” on Sunday – two days after expressing a frustration with the pace of negotiations with the EU and obese to impose 50% tariffs.

Last month, Trump announced 20% of tariffs on most goods in the EU, but later, 10% until 8. July to allow time for negotiations.

Trump confirmed on Sunday that the deadline for negotiations about 50% tariffs by 9. July.

Von Der Leien said that Europe is “ready to progress rapidly and decisively” and “to achieve a good job, we will need time to 9. July.”

In the remarks of journalists in the White House on Friday afternoon, Trump said to collect tariffs at all goods that sent us to 50% to 1. June, citing impatience to negotiations.

Later on Friday, EU trading chief Maro Schefčovich reaffirmed the block dedication to provide a fair deal.

After the call with the American Jamieson Greer and the merchant, Howard Lunnick said, “The EU is fully engaged, dedicated to provide an agreement that acts for both.”

He continued, “EU trading is unused and must be guided by mutual respect, not threats. We are ready to defend our interests.”

Trump has long criticized what he considered unfair trade relations with the EU, despite the fact that Bloc was one of the biggest partners in Washington. Last year, the EU performed more than $ 600 billion ($ 528 billion; £ 443bn) in the goods imported $ 370 billion in value from US data.

The president was especially raised for trade in cars and agricultural goods. Although some tariffs are paused earlier this year in order to enable negotiations, remains at a place 25% of the EU’s steel and aluminum.

European leaders still warn of escalation. France and Germany invited a diplomatic solution, emphasizing that tariffs would harm both economies.

The EU has thrown – and paused – their own measures against the United States.

It is said that it will introduce a 25% tariff to 18 billion euros ($ 20 billion; $ 15 billion) in value from American goods to Europe, but this is put on hold.

The Bloc also currently consults on additional measures against us imports in the United States worth 95 billion euros.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *